The Global Social Work and Social Development Agenda:
The Next Ten Years
Calgary, Canada - July 15-18, 2020
Thanks for making a contribution to SWSD 2020. The International Federation of Social Workers, University of Calgary and all the conference partners are delighted that you are interested in helping to shape the future of social work!
The Global Social Work Agenda: The Next Ten Years finalizes a global consultation process that will set the strategic priorities for the social work profession from 2020 to 2030. The conference will be fully participatory with input from: social workers, Indigenous representatives, educators, people with lived experience (people who use social services), representatives of marginalized communities, politicians and world leaders who want to contribute to identifying the priorities of the social work profession and the best possible social solutions.
The programme will be convened as an interactive discussion. All contributions will be recorded and will contribute to the final draft of the Global Agenda themes for 2020 to 2030. Below are the listed subthemes.
Each subtheme explores and develops understanding that will heighten the impact of social work over the next ten years:
- The Sustainable Development Goals
- Indigenous Communities: Knowledge and rights
- Strengthening Communities
- Economic Development: Distribution of wealth and inequality
- Environmental Justice
- Social and Human Rights
- Sexual and Gender Diversity: Community, practice and rights
- Gender Rights: Different identities
- Social Movements and Democracy
- Responses to Migration and Displaced Persons
- Social Protection Systems
- Peace Building
- Integration Between Education, Research and Practice
- Children and Adolescent Rights
For more information regarding the process for submitting an abstract, please review the instructions.
Submit your abstract/contribution proposal by June 30, 2019.
Receive notification of acceptance by July 31, 2019.
Final abstract or contribution submission deadline by November 1, 2019.
Final notification of abstract/contribution acceptance by January 31, 2020.
+1 (403) 220-7083